Wednesday 11 December 2013

Hi Readers,

This is my first blog post since early in 2012. I've let things slide a little since then, mostly due to a 3-month long stint through the USA and Canada between March-June 2012, and heavy work commitments since.

Well today marks a milestone in my photographic career. My new website, www.seanfarrow.com.au goes live today. All fine art limited edition quality photographic work. I'm steering away from the mass-produced market.
The project started after a weekend shooting in the Victorian High Country with friend and fellow landscaper Chris Munn. Discussing business moves and marketing, I decided it was time to go or get off the can, so to speak. Since mid-October, I've been madly developing the site and producing products. So while the site is live, the store isn't, all price lists are currently switched off until mid-January 2014. This is for several reasons, but the biggest being that I can't fill orders while I'm on the other side of the world.

On that note... in exactly one week Nicole and I will be boarding a plane to Helsinki, Finland. We'll be heading north from there to Levi, a small fell located not far from Kittila in Finnish Lapland. What that means for most of you is that it's far above the Arctic Circle. We'll be spending time with Nicole's family, and I'll be chasing the fleeting Aurora Borealis (or Northern Lights) during the long polar evenings. Following from the Arctic we spend another few days near Helsinki, then off to London, England for a week before heading home.

So preparations have been busy and we're all set to go!

I'm hoping to squeeze in some coastal shooting when we return and make the most of the warmer weather, if the tides permit of course, before the work slog takes over once again and time to shoot is rare!

Have a Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year everyone!

Here's a small handful of shots from the last 18 months... enjoy!

Sean.





Bridgewater Bay, Mornington Peninsula, Victoria, Australia.
Milky Way over Flinders, Victoria, Australia.
Aurora Australis, Flinders, Victoria, Australia.








Sunrise, The Grand Canyon, Arizona, USA.







No comments:

Post a Comment