Sunday 3 July 2011

Lacking Time, Commercial Real Estate and Hanging out for a Landscape Shoot!!!

Hi All,

Well this is my first officialy blog post after setting this thing up, so hopefully it's somewhat interesting, although I highly doubt it, lol.

Recently I've been finishing off a couple of portrait sessions I've shot in the last couple of months. The results have ranged from pretty damn good to a bit ordinary, but what shoot doesn't? lol. I've decided to scale back this side of my work, and keep it predominantly for private bookings though people I know, as the workload involved is tremendous.

Next week I'll be undertaking another one of my commercial real estate shoots, this time for Centro Properties Group, who own and operate lots of shopping malls here in Australia. This one is a big one, two centres, one of which I have to photograph every store and the front standards, along with several internal funky shots, and the 2nd is similar but without the separate shopfront shots. Should be a bit of a challenge as I've only handled a couple of shoots like this before.

Well it shocks me to say the last landscape shoot I did was 3 or so weeks ago with good friend and fellow photographer Nick Skinner up at the Rainforest Gallery just outside of Warburton, Victoria in the Yarra Ranges National Park. It was a stunningly beautiful location if you did the naughty thing and trekked into the forest a little off the walking platforms. It's always a bit interesting shooting with Nick. He operates at a different pace to myself, and although we came away with some similar shots, we also had quite dirrerent work at the end of the day. He's a talented photographer for sure and is constantly amazing me with his quality work.

I'm hoping to get out a couple of times during the current school holidays here, seeing my hours should be less horrendous doing the IT support stuff I do on a day to day basis. I can't wait to use my shiny new Canon EF-S 10-22mm ultra-wide lens some more. A possible trip to Cat Bat and Tenby Point are on the cards, an old jetty I've located on Port Phillip Bay, and I'd love to hit up Sorrento Back Beach again, but wander further towards Portsea and Sphinx Rock.

Also don't forget to check out my website seanfarrowphotography.com.au, my Redbubble Profile and Web Store and hit up my Facebook Page to check out my latest work.

Cheers,
Sean.

1 comment:

  1. A fine first post Sean, looking forward to more.

    Cheers, Jim.

    ReplyDelete